[Development] Replace QtXml backend

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Mon Jul 27 16:20:54 CEST 2015

On Monday 27. July 2015 14:24:27 Gerhard Scheikl wrote:
> On Monday 27 July 2015 09:47:34 Knoll Lars wrote:
> > With the old QXmlReader or with QXmlStreamReader?
>
> We are currently using QXmlSchemaValidator for the validation.
>
> > QXmlStreamReader is not a SAX parser.
>
> But the approach is very similar. Both are "iterative". :)

I believe the confusion comes from the fact you said QtXml instead of
QtXmlPattern.
This is an entierly different module.
(Maybe the bug you are talking about is
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-12534 which indeed is quite bad.)

IMHO, having another backend than the current unmaintained one would indeed be
preferable. The problem is that we have to be sure we can do everything that
the current one is doing without too many regressions. And still working on
all supported platforms. This can be a lot of work.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org