[Development] Found wince info in Gerrit ,which makes me panic

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jul 31 20:21:59 CEST 2015

On Friday 31 July 2015 18:40:02 Gunnar Roth wrote:
> Hi.
> I found https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/122523/
> Which says
> This library is not supported on WINCE.
> The target is to disappear from Qt very soon anyway.
> This is written by alexander.blasche at theqtcompany
> So is there some secret decison made at The qt company?
> But I thought wince will stay around much longer.

There's no secret decision. Please see the thread "Qt LTS & C++11 plans".

WinCE / EC 6, 7 and 8 will be dropped from Qt 5.7. WinEC 2013 will still work,
as it is a target from MSVC 2012.

That doesn't mean it will work for QtSerialBus. Given Alex's change, it most
likely won't.

> Iwould also like to know why qtserialbus is not supported in MS realtime
> system.

The "RT" in WinRT is stands for "runtime", not "real time".

Almost everything for WinRT needs to be reimplemented from scratch, as the
normal Win32 API is not available for applications.