[Development] Q_OBJECT and "override"

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 4 16:27:49 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-04 08:12, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> as anyone who uses clang has probably already noticed, this compiler has
> recently added "-Winconsistent-missing-override" to the collection of
> flags enabled via "-Wall".

What happens if you (push state and) disable the warning at the start of
the Q_OBJECT expansion, and pop state after?

Ideally this would tell clang to not consider those functions for the
purpose of the warning. (And maybe the clang developers would be
amenable to making it work that way if it doesn't currently.)

p.s. I don't use clang, but if I did I would probably have this switched
on as an *error*. Thus, I at least would like to see a solution that
doesn't involve turning it off globally.

--
Matthew