[Development] Qt 5.5.0 header diff

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jun 9 09:35:45 CEST 2015

On 08/06/15 23:58, "development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>On Monday 08 June 2015 22:31:15 Marc Mutz wrote:
>> It would probably be a good idea to do an additional header diff (incl. new
>> headers) on the ML after the alpha. I don't follow the development of
>> modules other than QtBase closely, nor do I want to, and apparently I'm too
>> strict a reviewer to be regularly invited on new API

Agree. Let's put this into our planning for 5.6. One header diff/review at the time we branch 5.6, and a final one to cross-check before the RC.

>Well, that's exactly the kind of people we want reviewing our APIs...

Thiago's right. If there's one place we want to be very strict it's on our APIs. Everything else we can still fix later on, but APIs are out there and will stick for a long time, so we better get them right.

Cheers,
Lars