[Development] New Qt5.5.0-RC snapshot available

Viironen Kalle kalle.viironen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jun 9 09:40:27 CEST 2015

From:  Heikkinen Jani <jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com<mailto:jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com>>
Date:  Tuesday 9 June 2015 10:21
To:  Richard Moore <rich at kde.org<mailto:rich at kde.org>>
Cc:  "development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org>" <development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org>>
Subject:  Re: [Development] New Qt5.5.0-RC snapshot available

Well, on the other hand I understand your point. But on the other not. Everyone should know that RC is planned to happen Thu 11.6 and everything needs to be ready before that. It should be maintainers who knows their modules & make sure needed things are done & their module is ready early enough (APIs are ready, tests works, changes file is done etc). I have sent several reminders about the schedule & things to be done. And still there is quite many change files missing for example...

I think that we should have a through discussion about the module maintainership model at some point. To me it seems that the model just isn’t working as it was planned. At least we should discuss and agree that what are the responsibilities of module maintainers and how to track that those responsibilities are being taken care of.

-Kalle