[Development] Qt Location and Geoclue 2

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Tue Jun 9 09:48:11 CEST 2015

On 9 June 2015 at 06:22, Aaron McCarthy <mccarthy.aaron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 8 Jun 2015 22:25:12 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > Hi! I have just received a bug [debbug] in which geoclue maintainrs
> states
> > that he wants to get geoclue removed in favor of geoclue2. And it seems
> I'm
> > not alone [fedbug].
> >
> > I searched the web and it seems the work on this has stoped. Does anyone
> > knows the state for this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance, Lisandro.
> >
> > [debbug] <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788108>
> > [fedbug]
>
> John Layt started working on a Geoclue 2 plugin some time ago[1]. I'm not
> sure
> how much progress was made.
>
> [1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/88630

 Hi,

I was halfway through migrating it to using the Qt DBus compiler which is
the state shown in that code review. That's about as far as I got before I
burnt out last year, but I'm just starting to get back into Qt work again
so I may be able to progress it soon, unless someone else wishes to pick it
up. I know the Geoclue maintainer is organising another Geoclue hack
weekend in London soon, so maybe I can finish it off then.

Cheers!

John.