[Development] Your actions needed, Qt5.5.0 RC & Final is nearing!

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jun 9 10:27:09 CEST 2015

> On 05 Jun 2015, at 19:00, Sean Harmer <sean.harmer at kdab.com> wrote:

>>> A day later than promised...
>>>
>>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/113797/2
>> I presume that the patch also takes care of building against earlier SDKs, at least as far as this particular issue goes?
>>
>> What is the earliest OS X version on which 5.5 is supposed to work, officially?
>
> For Qt3D, 10.8 is the oldest version handled by the CI. Given recent OS
> X updates are free do you really need support for anything older?

I’m aiming for supporting 10.7 as “deprecated” in the 5.5 release. It currently does not compile - the lack of CI testing is showing. I’m focusing on QtBase.

I think it’s OK if other modules, and especially new modules, have stricter requirements. Qt users can make a decision if the provided OS version support is acceptable before starting to use the module.

In general my opinion is that Qt as middleware should try very hard to not get in the way when it comes to OS and compiler requirements.

Morten