[Development] Qt 5.5.0 header diff: QtMultimedia.diff

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Tue Jun 9 11:44:28 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 09 June 2015 00:27:40 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> But Qt API that doesn't explicitly need an array for the data should
> continue  to use QList.

I disagree insofar as it concerns new types.

Either a new type put into a QList is optimally efficient (sizeof == sizeof
void* and at least Q_MOVABLE_TYPE), or the new type is not put into QList. For
existing types, I think we agree to keep them, unless a change is relatively
painless (like the FormatRange in QTextEngine/QTextLayout) or the problem is
relatively painful (also FormatRange) or other parts of Qt already keep the
type in QVector (again, FormatRange).

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts