[Development] Qt 5.5.0 header diff

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jun 9 16:41:53 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 09 June 2015 07:35:45 Knoll Lars wrote:
> On 08/06/15 23:58, "development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-
project.org on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-
thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> >On Monday 08 June 2015 22:31:15 Marc Mutz wrote:
> >> It would probably be a good idea to do an additional header diff (incl.
> >> new
> >> headers) on the ML after the alpha. I don't follow the development of
> >> modules other than QtBase closely, nor do I want to, and apparently I'm
> >> too
> >> strict a reviewer to be regularly invited on new API
>
> Agree. Let's put this into our planning for 5.6. One header diff/review at
> the time we branch 5.6, and a final one to cross-check before the RC.

I don't think this is a header diff review.

This is an API review, where we have people who've written new classes to come
and present their API. They should do that in fact even as the feature is
being finalised and is getting integrated.

We can initiate it by doing a dump of new classes in the release. That should
be easy, all we need is to compare include/QtXxxx/ file listing.

We'd still need a header diff for new functions in existing classes. Usually,
those are minor additions.