[Development] Qt 5.5.0 QML Revision Check

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:19:04 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Alan Alpert <416365416c at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have run qmlRevCheck between the 5.4 and 5.5.0 branches, for the
> imports in qtdeclarative/src/imports. Results are attached. Results
> come from generating and parsing new qmltypes files from each branch,
> and comparing them with the qmlRevCheck tool
> (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/114038/ is the updated version
> to build these days).
>
> I won't have time to properly look through the results until tomorrow,
> but there is one key thing to note in the output. qmlplugindump
> -builtins will spit out QtQuick types in 5.4, but in 5.5 it's a
> separate file (from qmplugindump -nonrelocatable QtQuick 2.5). I
> compared the 5.4 file to each of the two 5.5 files separately in the
> two output files. But it's a lot of noise, and I'm not quite awake
> enough to filter it out right now.

Okay, the analysis of the qmltypes diff shows the following issues:

1) c07f5b801bd6a94fe862073eb1f1965115a56385 (qtbase) adds a
transitionType property to QAbstractTransition without versioning it.
2) 44ab79012f1662a4efa7c506b6ebc4466c50b3e9 (qtdeclarative) adds
scrollGestureEnabled property to MouseArea without versioning it.

Fixes for these should probably be rushed in to 5.5.0 if we still can,
given they will probably miss the RC. I can help draft those.

3) 40f394ef2e06a6466445e4df54735250939084f0 (qtdeclarative) adds
width/height properties to the Window attached object without
versioning it
4) dad48f0e9cca10528fcaab7ec7d08f678e81b1a9 (qtdeclarative) adds
getDataAsArrayBuffer method to DropEvent without versioning it.

It probably isn't worth rushing the fix in for these, since there's no
real way to collide with new names on attached properties or event
types. Consider yourselves chastised and we'll move on.

5) qmlplugindump is acting up as explained before on the builtins.

I'm inclined to just leave it for 5.5.0. I prefer the new behavior,
but sorting out the differences in the qmltypes file isn't something
to rush through. I advocate splitting QtQuick out into a new qmltypes
file, we can get that done for 5.5.1 or even 5.5.2 so long as it's
ready to check cleanly for 5.5 -> 5.6.

Also detected: the new Shortcut type in QtQuick is properly versioned,
hurrah! Well done JP.

--
Alan Alpert