[Development] New Qt5.5.0-rc snapshot available

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Thu Jun 11 09:36:32 CEST 2015

Hi all,

We have new snapshot in

Linux: https://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.5/5.5.0-rc/2015-06-10_111/
Mac: https://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.5/5.5.0-rc/2015-06-10_93/
Windows: https://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.5/5.5.0-rc/2015-06-10_89/
Src: https://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.5/5.5.0-rc/latest_src/

These packages aren't yet final RC packages most probably but all blockers from https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44654 should be fixed already so it is really important to test these packages to see if there is something broken.
We are targeting to release RC Tue 16.6
Please inform me immediately if you find something broken which should block the release!

Qt5 changes in this snapshot:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/113832/ :
Patch Set 5:

* qt3d 7c07835...3779e00 (1):
    > Remove unnecessary metatype declarations

  * qtandroidextras ba72dfc...b8a97cd (1):
    > Add Changes file for the 5.5.0 release

  * qtconnectivity e86249d...a8b89f2 (1):
    > Add changelog for Qt 5.5.0 release

  * qtdeclarative 5bd8a38...78bffbc (3):
    > V4: Fix use of uninitialized field.
    > Add a version of BitVector that uses QBitArray.
    > Wrap std::vector<bool> in our own class.

  * qtdoc 06e5544...e0c4087 (1):
    > Doc: Document forkfd and FreeBSD 3rd party licenses

  * qtqa 338c2af...f16ad17 (1):
    > Add path for test executable to log files

  * qtsensors e6a356a...d15ee51 (1):
    > Add changelog file for 5.5.0 release

  * qtserialport 71c3879...ad81a04 (1):
    > Mark some signals as deprecated since 5.5

  * qttools 78beb4c...3f69aa7 (1):
    > macdeployqt: fix plugin deployment.

  * qtwebengine a7be9e7...71b0022 (1):
    > Fix msvc linking issues caused by wrong export macro

Best regards,
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager | The Qt Company

The Qt Company / Digia Finland Ltd, Elektroniikkatie 10, 90590 Oulu, Finland
Email: jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com | Mobile: + 358 50 48 73 735
www.qt.io |Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/ | Twitter: @QtbyDigia, @Qtproject Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt