[Development] Specifying module dependencies

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Thu Jun 11 15:43:15 CEST 2015

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:29:10 PM Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 08:32:07PM +0000, Hausmann Simon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ok :) let's try with reduced qmake syntax (just variables, no functions).
> > We can still fall back to json if it's too clumsy.
> as you can "parse anything", what's wrong with parsing the function
> calls from qt.pro? they match a pretty simple regexp ...

Nothing is wrong with that. In fact that's a great idea :)

So how about we place a dependencies.pri into the top-level directory of each
module that contains just that one addModule(...) function call?

Then qt.pro can just include whatever is there, the CI can simply parse it and
- this is different to today's status - the module dependencies are tracked
within the module instead of in the external qt5.git.

Simon