[Development] Avoid overloading of 'error'

Hausmann Simon Simon.Hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Thu Jun 11 16:11:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

I agree about the inconsistency in tense, that is a good argument against error(),
although it is similarly unfortunate that the inconsistency in tense is more widespread than
assumed.

I'm not sure onErred or onErrored is any better, to be honest. I think it's more likely
to result in a typo than the most basic form of the word - error - instead of some conjugation.

In the light of that I think I'd prefer onFailed or onFailure - but I think it would perhaps be
a mistake to make our existing APIs more inconsistent than necessary. It seems like an
unfortunate choice, but I think it's better to stick to error() than to have some QML types
have onError and some have onFailure.

Simon