[Development] QtCS: Notes from Modern C++ session

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 12 23:45:29 CEST 2015

On Friday 12 June 2015 10:49:38 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> On 2015-06-12 04:17, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > On Friday 12 June 2015 08:08:51 André Somers wrote:
> >> Available for use then:
> > range-for?
> > variadic macros (these we already use in tests/ and no-one complained so
> > far).
> André, you mentioned 'auto'... does that include return type deduction?
> What about trailing return specifiers?

Return type deduction is a C++14 feature, so no.

Trailing return specifiers are allowed. That's Q_COMPILER_AUTO_FUNCTION and
works in MSVC since 2010, ICC since 12.1, GCC since 4.4.

> >> Not available for use are:
> >> * = default,
> >> * = deleted,
>
> Where are these not supported? I have code that (AFAIK) has been using
> these already, and IIRC our compiler requirements are lower.

GCC requires 4.7 for this. I think we were discussing whether our minimum is
4.6 or 4.7.

> Besides being inline (template, dontcha know), isn't there an option to
> disable those? (Maybe not std::exception one, but at least the Qt <->
> STL container conversions?)

QT_NO_STL isn't supported since 5.0.

That increased our build times considerably...