[Development] QtCS: Notes from Modern C++ session

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at theqtcompany.com
Sun Jun 14 12:06:21 CEST 2015

On 13/06/15 19:33, "development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org<mailto:development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org> on behalf of Gunnar Roth" <development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org<mailto:development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org> on behalf of gunnar.roth at gmx.de<mailto:gunnar.roth at gmx.de>> wrote:

Not available for use are:
* = default,
* = deleted,

Where are these not supported? I have code that (AFAIK) has been using
these already, and IIRC our compiler requirements are lower.

GCC requires 4.7 for this. I think we were discussing whether our minimum is
4.6 or 4.7.

I am quite sure that this only works since vs 2013, Would be glad if proven wrong.
see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn457344.aspx

The main place where we use this feature is anyway with Q_DISABLE_COPY. So for now, I don't think it's a huge problem if we can't use those.

Cheers,
Lars