[Development] Avoid overloading of 'error'

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jun 16 10:49:23 CEST 2015

I concur that errorOccurred() is the most sensible choice. It also matches the wording in the existing documentation ('error occurred' appears 188 x in qtbase.git).

Regarding types exposed to QML, let's see ... maybe we can even hack it so that 'onError' still works with Qt 6 for QML. But we've still plenty of time to figure this out, since the error() signal won't go away soon :)

I'll try to come up with patches for qtbase now.

Regards

Kai