[Development] QtCS: Long Term Release discussion
thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jun 16 22:49:54 CEST 2015
Last year's notes
Qt 5.5 will be the last release to support:
* GCC 4.6
* OS X 10.7
* Windows Vista
* WIndows Embedded Compact 7
* QNX 6.5
* Qt WebKit, Qt Script, Qt Quick 1
Therefore, we'd like to have a long-term support release that allows people
who cannot upgrade to remain for some longer time in an official release.
Additionally, we'd like to sync up with Ubuntu's LTS releases (next is 16.04)
- other distros are mostly focused on servers (RHEL, SLES) or don't actively
depend on Qt anyway.
Qt 5.5 would be ideal - but we'd need to support the old Qt CI system for
longer. So we're targetting that *Qt 5.6* will be the first LTS release.
* We will keep a Linux builder building 32-bit to make sure everything
works - *no binary packages for Linux 32-bit*
* We do not build for OS X 32-bit, but we'll accept packages
* We do need to introduce a static builder to ensure things work. We
need to document that static requires more complexity to make a working
application and it's only tested with qmake.
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com
Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4447 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Development