[Development] QtCS: Long Term Release discussion

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Wed Jun 17 09:09:47 CEST 2015

On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 01:49:54 PM Thiago Macieira wrote:
[...]
> Other notes:
>      *  We will keep a Linux builder building 32-bit to make sure everything
> works - *no binary packages for Linux 32-bit*

We do have at least one Linux builder today that targets armv7, but AFAICS
that is the only Linux build that compiles to a 32-bit architecture.

We do have builds on Windows that target x86.

>      *  We do need to introduce a static builder to ensure things work. We
> need to document that static requires more complexity to make a working
> application and it's only tested with qmake.

We do have two static builds in the CI system and we've had them for a longer
time:

* The build targetting iOS is - by design - creating static binaries.
* The qt5 build has a three static builds - one for Linux, one for OS X and
one for Windows.

Simon

P.S.: I'm basing this solely on the information at

    http://testresults.qt.io/ci/Qt5_dev_Integration/latest-success/