[Development] Qt & Namespaces (was: RE: Some Qt3D feedback)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 22 23:17:47 CEST 2015

On Monday 22 June 2015 20:51:30 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> That way, we automatically become immune to crashes from having several
> qt verisons in the same process, which is a thing that seems to happen
> from time to time for a lot of people by accident. (and quite hard to
> debug)

Fixed by https://codereview.qt-project.org/113558 for Linux. No fix for non-
Linux (not relevant).

    The big advantage of an ELF version is that, when we do Qt 6, both
    versions of QtCore could be loaded in memory without conflicts and all
    symbols would be resolved to the correct library. No module can talk to
    both at the same time, but this avoids mistakes of loading them
    indirectly by plugins.