[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jun 25 18:02:58 CEST 2015

On Thursday 25 June 2015 13:18:17 Cristian Adam wrote:
> They've got rid of moc and plan to replace Qt containers with std ones.

If they got rid of moc, then they also got rid of QtDBus, QtScript and QtQml.
That doesn't sound like a "fork of Qt".

Getting rid of moc is waiting for SG7 from the standards committee to come up
with a language reflection feature. At the current pace, it might happen as a
TS for C++2x, so we may be able to start using it in Qt around 2025.

And if they replaced Qt containers with std ones, what replaced QString?
Because the standard ones are nowhere near feature parity with QString.
Unfortunately, CopperSpice's documentation is offline, so I can't tell.

Doesn't seem like a serious project to me. That sounds a lot like TQt from the
Trinity Project...