[Development] Problem loading plugins with gcc 4.9.2

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Mar 3 20:45:49 CET 2015

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 13:55:29 Sergio Martins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So that you don't waste time pulling your hair out: plugin loading is
> broken with gcc 4.9.2
>
> There's some clash between global static QFactoryLoader instances.
> Reproduced on Archlinux (and on Fedora by jpnurmi).

Please explain the problem.

The one issue I had was QJsonObject failing to sort the keys properly, which
resulted in a binary JSON output that was malformed (the format requires the
keys to be sorted because they are scanned by binary search).

I could not reliably reproduce this in a testcase, so it went unreported.

I should also point out that it happened only with GCC 5.