[Development] C++11 for Examples

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 4 02:22:26 CET 2015

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 10:38:22 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Yeah well, I think the above check "contains(QT_CONFIG, c++11)" won't
> > hurt.
> > I'd just do it globally in configure though (so that examples aren't
> > automatically build for older compilers), instead of black/whitelisting
> > single examples...
>
> I really meant leaving it unconditionally. People with old compilers will
> face  compiler errors and they'll have to add one of the two options to get
> rid of them.

If you want to write a config.test to check if the compiler has enough support,
I recommend taking code from tests/auto/other/compiler, maybe even share. That
way, if we find later that the check is insufficient, we should update the unit
test too.

Clang 3.6 results:
Totals: 63 passed, 0 failed, 1 skipped, 0 blacklisted
(the skip was "runtimeArrays", which was removed from C++14)

GCC 4.9 skips cxx14_constexpr, cxx14_aggregate_nsdmi,
cxx14_variable_templates.

ICC 15 skips all the C++14 stuff

GCC 5 is running into a compilation error with variable templates. I'll need
to investigate sometime before we add GCC 5 to the CI.