[Development] Is qmake's bootstrapping parallel-safe?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:24:57 CET 2015

I've been wondering if qmake's bootstrapping could be safely made with
parallel building.

The reason for wanting to bootstrap qmake in parallel is that we have some
archs that while they might not have a fast processor they have multiple ones
available. If we can speed up the build there the better.

That being said, I have tried passing MAKEFLAGS="-j4" to the configure script
but only a part of the bootstrap process went in parallel.

I later added the switch to the configure script itself and everything went
OK. If it is safe but there are reasons not to support this in the configure
script a distro-only patch would be enough.

Thanks in advance, Lisandro.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/