[Development] Two source incompatibilities in Qt 5.5 with Clang

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 23:22:17 CET 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> This was intentional and the minor SIC was expected. It only happens if
> you're calling a static function that only exists for Q_ASSERT -- not many
> people do that.

Oops, nobody told Allen:

 https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/commit/44ac33d970e

I think this affects far more code than you seem to think it affects.

What *should* Allen do now? What macro works for multiple versions of Qt?
Why should everyone define such a macro themselves in their code? How about
contributing it back to qglobal.h? What would it be called? And to bring
this full circle, how about swapping the semantic of the old and new macros?

I'm sure you considered not making the SIC change and creating a new macro
instead. Why did you decide for the SIC?

Thanks,

Steve.