[Development] Deprecating modules with 5.5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 18 12:07:22 CET 2015

On Wednesday 18 March 2015 08:39:28 Florian Bruhin wrote:
> But if I understood correctly, the consensus here seems to be to
> deprecate it in Qt 5.5 and remove it with Qt 6, which sounds much more
> reasonable to me.

That's not the consensus.

People panicked when they read Tuukka's blog saying "considered for removal in
the future releases of Qt" without understanding what he actually meant.

Tuukka was talking about modules. Removing modules means they no longer get
compiled as part of the convenience binaries and as part of the convenience
"qt-everywhere" tarball. If you need them, compile the release.