[Development] Adding .mtl files into qt3d+qt5.5 based application

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Mar 18 13:16:21 CET 2015

Hi,

On Wednesday 18 Mar 2015 16:59:51 Arjun Das wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One last question on the same topic, I can see that most of the .obj files
> in the examples are created using blender. How were the corresponding .webp
> files created?
> For instance chest.obj has a corresponding diffuse.webp, so how were these
> webp created. I can see that they are not arbitrary images since they
> perfectly cover the 3D model (Chest.obj in this case)?

Right. These are made by defining texture coordinates (uv unwrapping or
mapping) in a modelling tool such as blender, 3d max, maya etc, and then
somebody with much more artistic talent than I have paints the texture and
saves it as an image. So then the texture coordinates saved in the exported
obj file in conjunction with the texture image (png or webp or whatever) then
gets nicely applied to the geometry when rendered.

In this case, the chest came from Nobiax:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMDRuUy1Hg4aoJyBhv_8hrg

Cheers,

Sean
--