[Development] Removing the -c++11 option from configure

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:55:36 CET 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Anything I missed? Opinions?

As far as I know, qmake `CONFIG += c++11` causes

 -std=c++11

or similar to be used on compile and link lines. For the sake of user code,
you might want to use

 -std=gnu++11

instead, because

 -std=gnu++98

is the default and you turn of extensions by not using it.

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/10214

I don't know if that has any particular benefits for the build of Qt, but
something to consider while on the topic, and when considering qmake users
using `CONFIG += c++11` (though I have not seen qmake users complain about
this).

Thanks,

Steve.