[Development] Marking BB10 unsupported

Rafael Roquetto rafael.roquetto at kdab.com
Tue Mar 24 13:21:37 CET 2015

Hi all,

Exactly what Bo said.

From time to time I keep getting BB10 related bug reports. It is not a lot,
but they still exist. In additition to that, there have been quite some
changes in Qt (such as the move towards C++11, or the forkfd based QProcess)
that affect QNX/BB10. These involve some testing to make sure no regressions
have been introduced (for instance, I have two pending patches for fixing the
QNX build on Windows that was broken because of a patch related to IPC and
shared memory). The focus now falls entirely on spending these limited
resources on keeping QNX 650 and 660 healthy on Qt - BB10 will no longer be
tested (at least not by KDAB) or supported.

In practice, if the build breaks, or something is not working, as Bo said, we
(KDAB) won't fix it. That of course does not prevent interested third parties
from keeping things going forward for BB10.

I hope this answers your questions regarding which kind of problem it solves.

If anyone think it is worth it volunteering to look after the BB10 side of
things, as a BB10 user myself I would be more than happy to provide
assistance.

Cheers,
Rafael

--