[Development] Heads-up: new headersclean is going in soon

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 25 22:07:59 CET 2015

[See thread "A better headersclean test"]

The alpha is out and all the dependencies are in. I will try staging the new
headersclean during tonight's night in Europe so as to avoid disruption. I
anticipate at least one failure with some compiler combination I haven't tried
in qtbase or qtdeclarative.

What this means: other modules whose headers are not clean will stop
integrating. You will have to fix the headers to be clean, including the
annoying -Wshadow warning from GCC, but not the integer size & signedness
mismatch ones.

Unlike the -Werror for .cpp sources, this is not optional: our headers must be
clean because our users may have unexpected warning options.