[Development] No Change-Id being generated for commit message

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:36:58 CET 2015

Hi All,

I'm having trouble pushing a change.

'git push' failed stating that the commit message was missing the
"Change-Id" field. I had this working until recently when I moved my
setup toa different machine. So something likely got screwed-up.

I have the "commit-msg" hook installed in my repo's .git/hooks dir.
Although it doesn't seem to be generating the Change-Id. The rest of
the commit template is there when I do a commit, only the Change-Id
field is missing.

Any hints on where to look?

Thanks,
-mandeep