[Development] [OS X/xcb] error: xp_attach_gl_context returned: 2 followed by hang during application exit

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:25:36 CEST 2015

On Monday March 30 2015 08:54:48 Agocs Laszlo wrote:
>The OpenGL libs (and potentially a number of other system libs) are not supposed to be runtime switchable. The exception is Windows, where Qt 5.4 introduced fully dynamic resolving for WGL/EGL/GL/GLES in the platform plugin.

More or less like what GLEW does to encapsulate OpenGL (or was that another project, it's been a while I manhandled OpenGL...)? Such an approach shouldn't be (too) platform-dependent, and thus relatively straightforward to bring to other platforms, no?

>Other platforms may get similar features in the future, but OS X is unlikely to be one of them. Therefore the OS X makespecs will continue to pull in the GL frameworks in the foreseeable future.

I wasn't expecting anything else.

But:

FWIW, I think there might be interest in bringing X11/xcb support back to OS X, which could justify bringing those "similar features" on to OS X too. I'm not volunteering though (but wouldn't mind being paid for doing this either ;)).