[Development] Bit of help for QtWayland on a Raspberry Pi

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 4 15:33:09 CET 2015

> A return status of 0 means that it was found. What is the actual error
> you're hitting? Note that qtwayland can also be built without
> xkbcommon.

My problem was the compositor library not built. Then I read the README harder and built it with CONFIG+=wayland-compositor

Now I (should) have all the libraries and plugins in place. So I tried to launch qwindow-compositor like this:

export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/var/run"
QT_WAYLAND_CLIENT_BUFFER_INTEGRATION=brcm ./qwindow-compositor

The output is:
Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).
using socket /var/run/wayland-0
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3

And nothing else. I see no changes on the screen.
If I launch a Qt application with -platform wayland, it gets stuck and it is not rendered on screen.

Any clue ?
Thanks