[Development] How does mktime() handle DST transitions ?

Welbourne Edward edward.welbourne at theqtcompany.com
Thu Nov 5 12:53:59 CET 2015

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> The EU actually defines the switchover time in UTC,

That's a surprise.  Do you have a reference for that ?

> so which hour is duplicated depends on the actual
> time zone. It's the 3:mm hour in CET/CEST.

I distinctly remember, the weekend before last, seeing the 2:mm hour
duplicated, here in Oslo on CEST/CET.  That's also the hour I'm used to
being duplicated in the UK on BST/GMT, albeit I've been away for long
enough they could have changed it without me noticing.

    Eddy.