[Development] QStandardPaths::writableLocation() on OSX in test mode

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:45:27 CET 2015

On Wednesday November 11 2015 20:37:36 Petroules Jake wrote:

> What we SHOULD have in Qt is something similar to NSSearchPathDomainMask so we could have a little more fine grained control. Maybe a user WANTS to write to locations in the local domain instead of the user domain (and in some cases, you DO -- like Applications).

I'm not sure if writing to /Applications is the best use case example. We'd be talking about some sort of application manager I suppose, and wouldn't that be the kind of application that's so specific that you'd prefer to avoid "precooked" functions to determine destination paths? (On OS X you'd probably want to make the destination a setting, even.)

Anyway, if and when you start thinking about that kind of modification, maybe we could re-open the discussion about a way to get QSP to return XDG-compliant locations?

R.

PS Jake: your emails make no distinction between quoted text and your replies in plain-text representation.