[Development] New Qt 5.6 Beta snapshot available

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 12 10:04:12 CET 2015

>> 2- the configure script in the main folder gives an error on Linux. I believe it has
>> something to do with dos2unix carriage return. I had to copy the one from 5.5.1
>> to build.
>>
> [Heikkinen Jani] As Thiago already replied, .7z package is with windows line endings

I am a bit puzzled by this news.
I have always downloaded 7z packages for size and time-to-download reasons, and never had this issue before.
As I said, using the configure script from the 5.5.1 7z archive works as expected.

In general I'd expect no difference in the contents of the different archive types. Windows users won't even use the configure script, but configure.bat.