[Development] New qt5.6 beta snapshot available

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Nov 17 05:23:40 CET 2015

>>> These aren't yet final beta packages but please test these & report all
>>> new blocker immediately
>>
>> no new blockers, but i still need to apply these two patches to be able
>> to compile 5.6-beta on osx:
>>
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/139577/
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/139981/
>>
>> both issues are compile failures for statically linked qt, though for
>> some reasons gerrit cannot integrate them.
>
> Neither is a showstopper for the release and the first doesn't cause a build
> error for regular people (no -developer-build).

well, both should be trivially fixable, once CI won't fail with an FTP
timeout ;)

>> btw, would it be possible to configure gerrit to build statically linked
>> qt and possibly also namespaced qt before integrating a patch? in the
>> past it happened quite often that those two configuration options did
>> not compile ... though this is all something which could easily be
>> verified automatically ...
>
> Namespace builds are tested. I don't think static builds are.

since when are namespace builds tested? it must be something rather new,
as about a month ago i had to apply this fix [1] to compile qt-5.6-base
... and i remember similar fixes which i had to do for 5.4/5.5.

cheers,
tim

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/127867/