[Development] Who are the right Qt developers to deal with this bug (broken keyboard shortcuts)?

john_a at fastmail.com john_a at fastmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:21:24 CET 2015

I use KDE on linux.

When KDE moved to its Plasma5 version, it moved to Qt5 too.

When it did support for custom keyboard shortcuts broke.  Not the first time apparently; there are reports about it going back years.

I went to IRC and in email trying to figure out the problem.  I filed a bug at KDE.  After lots of back and forth I was told it was a Qt problem -- NOT KDE.

This Qt bug was filed

 Broken handling of synthetic (keyboard) input events
 https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48795

I contacted a Qt dev that had dealt with some of this before to ask for input.  He responded, saying he's not involved, pointiing to someone else.  Who ALSO responded saying he's not been involved.

I've spent a lot of time trying to do my part on this.  I've bounced around at KDE, and now at Qt. I'm really frustrated trying to get the right people involved.

I'd really appreciate someone's help is just identifying the right people at Qt to be talking to.

I'll contact them, and get them involved in the bug if I can, and get off this list where I don't belong -- I just need to figure out who "They" are and stop this ping-pong-ball business.

Thanks for ANY help in getting pointed to the right people.