[Development] QDateTime is missing shared null optimization

Sergio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Thu Nov 26 22:18:04 CET 2015

On Sunday, 2 August 2015 01:24:50 WET John Layt wrote:
> It would require a lot of shuffling code around, as a lot of code is
> in the d_ptr, it would horribly complicate things and there's the
> potential for interesting corner cases, like say adding enough years
> to a date to push it from one implementation to another... Is the
> complexity worth it?

It would also require a bunch of ifdefs because of 32 bit platforms.

If nobody is interested in implementing Robert's idea then I'm available to
implement "use a nullptr to indicate shared null".

Regards,
--
SĂ©rgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)