[Development] New Qt Modules

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 13 16:15:51 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 13 October 2015 07:35:14 Viironen Kalle wrote:
>   * qt/qtapplicationmanager, Qt component for application lifecycle
management
>   *   qt/qtivi, Qt IVI extensible platform abstraction layer

I'd like more information on what's on these. What's application lifecycle
management? Is that similar to session management?

And what is an IVI platform that needs to be abstracted? How does that relate
to the serial bus?

>   *   qt/qtdbusqml, Qt QML DBus integration

Discussed elsewhere in the thread.

>   *   qt/qtgeniviextras, Qt extras for GENIVI services

+1

>   *   qt-apps/qmllive, QmlLive live reloader environment for rapid UI
> development
>   *   qt-apps/neptune-ui, The Neptune Automotive Reference UI
>   *   qt-apps/neptune-appstore, The Neptune Reference Application Store
> Server

No opinion. Sounds like I good idea, but I don't know what our policy on
sample apps is.