[Development] RFC: Proposal for a semi-radical change in Qt APIs taking strings

Jake Petroules jake.petroules at petroules.com
Tue Oct 13 21:59:39 CEST 2015

In general this sounds like a dangerous idea because it carries over all the old API concepts (i.e. (QChar *, size_t) is an extremely broken abstraction). You need to read and truly comprehend https://developer.apple.com/swift/blog/?id=30 before suggesting any changes to string-related APIs for the next major version of Qt, because if anything, THAT is what it should look like. Anything but that is a near-useless wrapper around binary data, not a true string class.
Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at petroules.com