[Development] RFC: Proposal for a semi-radical change in Qt APIs taking strings

Bubke Marco Marco.Bubke at theqtcompany.com
Tue Oct 13 22:27:38 CEST 2015

I like idea to devide the job of manipulating data and sending data around in different classes. Many times I get string from different sources in different formats with different ownerships. And for performance reasons you don't want copy or convert that strings. Many sources like databases provide for performance reasons utf8 so we  should definitely support it. How do you want handle ownership. I think it should no be included in the type. What about move semantics. If the data is moved around it don't need to be copied before it can be manipulated.