[Development] QTime microsecond support

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Wed Oct 14 23:10:56 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 14. October 2015 13:53:03 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 October 2015 14:22:13 Dustin Mitchell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Are there plans to support microseconds in the QTime class? I need to
> > parse
> > timestamps from a text file and it has microsecond resolution. If not, I'd
> > be willing to implement this feature.
>
> You'll have to wait for Qt 6. It's impossible to add it now.

Not impossible,  just a bit tricky.
One could add a Qt::TimerType which is of type "MicroSecondResolutionTimer"
which would change the meaning of the interval to be in microsecond.

Then you would need a protected
QAbstractEventDispatcher::setSupportMicroSecondTimer  that the capable
dispatcher would set to true.  Qt would have to convert to milisecond if the
event dispatcher does not support this.

So if there is really a need for it, it is possible.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org