[Development] Updating the minimal supported version of libxcb

Paeglis Gatis Gatis.Paeglis at theqtcompany.com
Fri Oct 16 17:18:21 CEST 2015

> Another question is what to do with the bundled libraries?

The -qt-xcb switch is there to reduce run-time dependencies. There always will be somebody who wants
to run the latest Qt version on some old linux distribution.

Also I think it was decided that in Qt5 we can remove support for -no-x11extenssion-name switches in the Qt
configure script. There is always -qt-xcb available if your distro does not provide the required dependencies. And it does not add any value not to compile-in the extension code. It should be a runtime decision, if X server has an extension available, we use it.