[Development] Contribution: include separate libraries with inlines in the Qt installers

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 16:58:07 CEST 2015

    The way I do it locally is by generating a *.pro file as described at https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47569 :
    QT += widgets
    QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -fkeep-inline-functions -std=c++0x
    TARGET = QtWidgets-inlines
    TEMPLATE = lib
    SOURCES += QtWidgets-inlines.cpp
    LIBS += -loleaut32 -lole32
    And a single *.cpp file:
    #include <QtWidgets>
    The resulting library is then deployed alongside the user's application. Since such a library would be the same (per module) for any binding I figured it could - as suggested at http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2014-April/016803.html - be made a part of Qt.
|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| [Development] Qt binaries with inlined functions[Development] Qt binaries with inlined functions Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com Tue Apr 29 17:55:20 CEST 2014 Previous message: [Development] Qt binaries with inlined functions  |
|  |
| View on lists.qt-project.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| [QTBUG-47569] Inlines of QtWidgets cannot be compiled because of QAccessibleTree - Qt Bug Tra...I need to compile the inlines of QtWidgets on Windows to use in bindings.  |
|  |
| View on bugreports.qt.io | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

     On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 5:50 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

 Em seg 19 out 2015, às 07:18:15, Dimitar Dobrev escreveu:
>    Hello all,
>    I would like to ask your opinion about [QTBUG-48668] Include separate
> libraries with inlines in the Qt installers - Qt Bug Tracker .    I could
> also use some guidelines in case I can help contribute such a feature.

Please explain how a library with inlines would be created.