[Development] Contribution: include separate libraries with inlines in the Qt installers

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 17:34:35 CEST 2015

    As far as I know, MSVC inlines everything by default so additional libs are not necessary.    I have actually created it and it works, I just think it's a nice idea to contribute.

     On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:31 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

 Em qua 21 out 2015, às 14:58:07, Dimitar Dobrev escreveu:
>    The way I do it locally is by generating a *.pro file as described at
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47569 : QT += widgets
>    QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -fkeep-inline-functions -std=c++0x
>    TARGET = QtWidgets-inlines
>    TEMPLATE = lib
>    SOURCES += QtWidgets-inlines.cpp
>    LIBS += -loleaut32 -lole32
>    And a single *.cpp file:
>    #include <QtWidgets>
>    The resulting library is then deployed alongside the user's application.
> Since such a library would be the same (per module) for any binding I
> figured it could - as suggested at
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2014-April/016803.html -
> be made a part of Qt.

How do we do it with MSVC? What's the equivalent to -fkeep-inline-functions?

And if it's that easy for you to create it, I think you should create that
yourself in your project.