[Development] Contribution: include separate libraries with inlines in the Qt installers

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 17:10:35 CEST 2015

    Host languages need binary symbols to invoke, and in the case of inlines those might not be available.
    About the ABI, that's correct but my idea is to have the inlines compiled as part of the Qt build process per platform and then included in each installer.

     On Thursday, October 22, 2015 6:07 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

 On Thursday 22 October 2015 07:43:46 Welbourne Edward wrote:
> Thiago said:
> > And if it's that easy for you to create it, I think you should create
> > that yourself in your project.
>
> It might, all the same, be worth documenting the recipe for the benefit
> of anyone else with similar needs, to save them having to work out the
> details afresh.

I don't understand why anyone would need it, unless they are trying to use
dlsym/GetProcAddress to find those functions. Mind you: if you're doing that,
you need to know about the C++ ABI.