[Development] Qt 5.6/dev compilation from Git

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 4 17:35:09 CEST 2015

On Friday 04 September 2015 09:44:33 Valery Kotov wrote:
> ./configure -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests
> -confirm-license -no-gtkstyle

Hello Valery

You used -developer-build, which means you're declaring yourself a Qt
developer and you're taking responsibility for fixing any bugs you find with the
build.

> .../qt5/qtbase/include/QtQuick/../../../qtdeclarative/src/quick/items/qquick
> window.h:73:41: error: comma at end of enumerator list [-pedantic]

There's an extra comma. Remove it, commit and submit the fix.

> What is confuses me that git status qtdeclarative shows:
> # Not currently on any branch.
> # Untracked files:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
> #
> #       src/qml/.generated/
>
> If I try to checkout branch manualy for qtdeclarative:
> git checkout 5.6
> I receive the whole bunch of errors. Please see those in attachment
> (compile.log).

You need to switch all modules to 5.6 if you want that, not just
qtdeclarative. At least qtbase, since it has the definition of macros like
Q_ALWAYS_INLINE.

> git checkout 5.6
> perl init-repository --no-webkit --codereview-username <nickname>
> ./configure -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests
> -confirm-license -no-gtkstyle
> make
>
> But if I try to checkout and compile development brunch for qtdeclarative
> module I receive the same errors I mentioned in compile.log.

You need to switch qtbase to dev branch too, probably others.