[Development] so it turns out there *is* a way to get Qt5 apps to use a custom style automatically?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 14:12:10 CEST 2015

Sorvig Morten wrote:

> The catch may be that QCocoaTheme provides the native menu and dialog
> integration, which I think you want to keep when running KDE apps. (?)

Possibly. Note though that everything in that department appears to work just
fine with Qt4/KDE4 (in fact, there are layout issues with the native theme in
KDE4 apps). It also works fine with the QtCurve style built for just Qt5, when
you select that style manually; you still get the global menubar and native file
dialogs (theming of custom dialogs is actually an advantage in my book). I
haven't tried to build QtCurve with KF5 support myself, but I think at least 1
other person has succeeded and didn't report any issues.

> I’m wondering, why is “--style=kde” not sufficient? Are you looking for a way
> to set the default style for the app?

More or less, yes. One typically looks for ways to make make options the default
once you're passing on the commandline them every time. It's when I noticed that
the default can be set through an environment variable that I came back to this
issue on OS X.

R.