[Development] UNITY_ANDROID #if Problem

Steve G steveg2357 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 22:44:19 CEST 2015

I’m using Unity 5.1.3 with MonoDevelop on a Mac with Yosemite 10.10.5 and I’m having problems with #if statements, For example, when I do

#if UNITY_ANDROID
  something 1
#elif UNITY_IPHONE
  something 2
#else
  something 3
#endif

in MonoDevelop it shows autocompletion for UNITY_ANDROID and “No completion found” for UNITY_IPHONE. In addition, something 2 and something 3 are grayed out but something 1 is not. I can successfully build but get an Android compile error when I try to run this in Unity. [something 1 contains UnityEngine Android and Java statements.]

Steve