[Development] Requesting New Repository - QtZeroConf

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 10 06:14:59 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 09 September 2015 22:59:11 Jonathan Bagg wrote:
> http://lists.apple.com/archives/rendezvous-dev/2004/Apr/msg00031.html
> Windows LLMNR doesn't appear to be compatible with mDNS / zeroconf. Are
> you suggesting on Windows there would be an option to use LLMNR or mDNS?

I know it isn't compatible, but it is doing the same function. I'm not asking
to replace mDNS support on Windows (interoperability), but I am asking if it
makes sense to also add support for LLMNR as it's available anyway.

For that matter, all of the IoT protocols support discovery in some level. For
us in OIC, it's done by a multicast CoAP packet (which is really easy to do
with QUdpSocket). Do you think there's room for this kind of extended
discovery?